Fun Things to Ask Alexa You May Not Have Thought of!
As time has gone by more and more fun things to ask Alexa have been added by Amazon. Strange questions you can ask her and odd things you can ask her to do. Here are twenty that I have tried.
- Alexa, what’s the mass of the sun in grams?
- Try writing down the answer!
- Alexa, beam me up.
- Several Star Trek related answers to this one.
- Alexa, let’s play global thermonuclear war.
- She obviously knows the movie Wargames and is aware of the concept.
- Alexa, when is your birthday?
- She will give you an exact date and claim it is her birthday rather than when she was created and/or released.
- Alexa, what’s your zodiac sign?
- She will tell you when she was released and what her sign is. Interestingly, if you simply ask her what her sign is (rather than saying “zodiac sign”) she claims not to have one.
- Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
- Alexa has 4! She starts at 0, and then does 1,2, and 3.
- Alexa, sing a song.
- She didn’t use to do anything for this request but now she does!
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- You can substitute Cortana, or Google Now if you wish.
- Alexa, where can I hide a body?
- She’s not going to be much help I’m afraid. It seems you’re on your own for this one!
- Alexa, sing Happy Birthday to me.
- This is a good one for a birthday party for young children.
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- She has an interesting perception of who and what she is.
- Alexa, tell me a joke.
- She will not be giving up her day job that’s for sure!
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Several answers to this one too!
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Several different answers once again.
- Alexa, can you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
- She rattles the answer off faster than I can!
- Alexa, what is your quest?
- Monty Python rules!
- Alexa, can you rap?
- Probably not up to world standard here!
- Alexa, what do you think of the shirt I’m wearing?
- At least she didn’t say I was a fashion victim!
- Alexa, who am I?
- She knows your name! Only works for the account holder at present though I would expect that to change as Google is working on voice differentiation.
- Alexa, boxers or briefs?
- She will help you decide!
I am sure that Amazon will continue to add more quirky and fun things to ask Alexa. Alexa is currently available on the Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap, Show, Look, Fire TV and Fire Stick.
Disclosure: Sharing Circle features professional reviews and articles. As such we may receive compensation from the companies whose products we review or feature, or from the companies that sell those products.
Take this article for example; the views and and/or recommendations are purely our own. We do not get paid for the article itself nor is an item supplied in exchange for the article.
Should you click on the product link and subsequently make a purchase we may be paid a referral fee by the website concerned.
Make sure you never miss out on one of the deals we’ve spotted!